Friday, July 24, 2009

My Meals in Liverpool~

I've been here almost 2 months and
I guess my family has got no idea what I ate here.
I just used to tell them that
we often grab cheap (ie. almost expired food) late at night
from Tesco...
(but i think the standard of Expired goods here is far more
EDIBLE compared to those of our.....
so called "Bolehland" by my blog visitor : P
So Daddy and Mummy
here's what your daughter
prayed her stomach for the past months~
(to prove that I'm actually eating quite healthily here lol)

I've applied Project Management's Principle:
TCQ (Time, Cost, Quality)
in managing my "Meal Project".
The simplest,fastest, quality,healthy and cost effective
Breakfast~corn flakes+milk!!
.......46p of 500g corn flakes can tahan for about 2 weeks......
....1.25P of 2.272 litres whole milk for 1 week (where it cost only 1P now:)...


Not used to eat English breakfast so much...
Used to be a cup of honey then a cup of milk when I was in college time.
Decided to try this Scottish Porridge Oats as
I tasted a nice one in Edinburgh's breakfast last weekend:)
hmm...creamy porridge oats....but tasteless compared to Edinburgh's
Have looked for raisins too but too bad
it costs 99p for 1 packet of raisins and nuts
( whereas 500g of oats costs only 39p!)
Suan le.....i added Rich Tea biscuit...pretty nice~
.

(...okok i will stop demonstrating my "aunty-ness" lol...)

Ding Ding Rice ~Fried Rice
(we used to called it 叮叮饭 cz it is Microwaved rice)
Stock from China Town's Chung Wah 0.50P each
It's pretty convenience when we out for trip or bring it to school for lunch..
Friend said Cardiff don't have this leh~

Sweet and Sour Prawn

Another companion of Ding Ding Fan is Dan Dan Noodles (担担面)
Same cooking method as Maggi but to me it seems like
"Not so MSG" laa haha... around 0.74P for 1 packet (2 meals)
Variety of Flavours

And during exam we usually back to our own kitchen to cook
instead of doing the "catering" stuff: P
.
RICE+POTATO+CELERY+EGG
and this is the very 1st PROPER meal i've cooked in my LIFE!!!
excluding those instant stuff microwave stuff oven stuff~
.
Not to say I don't wana cook at home but 1stly
time constraint is the very main reason (it's NOT an excuse ok..)
and 2ndly my mum keep teasing me since I have broken an egg
onto myself instead of into the pan years ago...and whenever
talking bout kitchen stuff a sure thing is the "incident" will be raised :S

lol...mummy daddy...and my brothers...
who say I cannot cook??I'm happily enjoying cooking here: D
with much of freedom and I don't mind failures
as mistakes are all good training and education
hmm...I think making mistakes are more practical to me lol...

and the 2nd Masak was Lasagne
Tissue-like Pasta to me heheh


Lasagne + Sausage + Ham
(lol...Carnivore~)

Lasagne +Chicken Breast +Celery + Cheese

Rice + Celery + Ham + Fish +Tomato soup
Surprisingly we couldn't find proper FISH here!
I thought Liverpool is nearby the sea but
there is generally NO FRESH FISH SOLD in Liverpool
except those frozen fried one : (


and the varieties of vegetables are
not as many as in our home country
No Kangkung
No Bitter Gout
No Pumpkin
No cheap tomatoes
No cheap Tauhu...
Can see my repetitive mixcrossed combination of menus
but 1 sure thing is I will take vege and fruits everyday

and I do have dessert too...hehe

Haagen-Dazs!!!
Have been longing since I'm in secondary...
Didn't try it out before cz it was so damn expensive....
costs about RM29 in Msia...wanted to try it before coming to UK but
what I've seen from KLCC's Haagen-Dazs is RM8 for
1 tiny scoop of FISHBALL size!!!!lol!
Heheh it costs only about
RM18 for the same in Tesco here during promotion~



Know how I eat it?
Take out 1 scoop, put into my mouth
and at the same time immediately keep it back to the freezer~
haha...kinda "torturing" huh: P
I only eat it when I really need a recharge hee~


and this looks like.......X D

3 comments:

RulerofSimplicity said...

walau eh ... much much much more better than me....
how come ur meal so feng fu 1?
aih dunno how long i din eat rice d

Thian Wern said...

烹饪也是你今年其中的一个愿望,不是吗?
虽然还未达到妈妈级的水准,
但看起来也不错吃。。。
以目前的程度算很棒了

chian nv said...

Re SX:
Really so feng fu?
no la...colourful only heheh
then what you eat there?
what are the special food there?

Re TW:
Haha thx for the praise~